View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question UPDATED: Odd calibre/plugin behavior

UPDATED: 1/2/2013

@calibre development team.

I re-read my original post (now hidden in the spoiler tag) and realized what I observe is incorrectly and embarrassingly described wrong...

The basic odd behavior is still the same, e.g. the correct "Saved Searches" are not displayed.

A. The workflow is:
1. Select a source library.
2. Restrict library to a particular author, e.g. restrict to "*current search".
a. Does not matter if restricted or not, as I tried restricted and not restricted getting the same results.
3. Select *Find Duplicates: Find library duplicates (* located in the Favourites Menu plugin in the optional second menubar).
a. Title Matching - Fuzzy
b. Author Matching - Similar
4. Acknowledge the "Library Duplicates" dialog, e.g. Click OK.
5. The "Saved Searches" now displayed are from the target library vice the source library.

B. Conducted research this a.m. by switching to a different source library and using the above workflow. Same behavior, e.g. the "Saved Searches" dialog box, as well as the "Tag Browser: Searches", shows the searches from the target library.

C. The other libraries (4) were created during various different releases of calibre using the "Create/Switch Library" function using;
1. Creating an empty library
2. Copying structure from the current library (at the time)
Quote:
  • Windows Vista 32bit
  • calibre v0.9.12
  • Find Duplicates plugin v1.6.0
  • Favourites Menu plugin v1.0.3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sincerely apologize for the original incorrect descriptive information.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
After restricting my library and using the Overdrive Link plugin the "Saved Searches" dialog box displays a set of old incorrect "Saved Searches".
Spoiler:

Quote:
Old incorrect Searches:
  • Unread
  • Get
  • Reading List

Quote:
Workflow:
1. Restrict library to a particular author.
2. Select all empty books, e.g. no formats.
3. Search Overdrive for selected books.
4. Books found selected "okay" to add links to books.
5. Saved Searches now displays an old incorrect set of searches vice the current ones.
EDIT: * The Overdrive Link plugin is "NOT" is accessed from the Favourites Menu plugin but rather from its own menu on the optional second menubar*
Only by restarting calibre will the correct "Saved Searches" again be accessible.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Current correct Saved Searches:
  • GetBooks.
  • Import List.
  • Overdrive.
  • Read.
  • Reading List.
  • SendToEE.
  • SendToPE.
  • Unread.

Quote:
Setup:
  • Windows Vista 32bit
  • calibre v0.9.12
  • Overdrive Link plugin v1.3.0
  • Favourites Menu plugin v1.0.3

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 01-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote