View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Odd Paragraph Style behavior for text input

I am using version 0.7.43 to convert some of my old text files to epub and found some odd behavior of the paragraph style setting. In my old version of 0.7.28, there used to be on TXT Input tab a check box that says "Treat each line as a paragraph" and one that says "Process using markdown" and if my text file is like this:
///Table of Contents///

## Sub Header One

This is the first.
This is the second.
This is the third.

## Sub Header Two

This is the first.
This is the second.
This is the third.

the older version will convert the text to epub properly with linkable table of contents and the paragraphs are all formatted properly.

With the new version 0.7.43, if I don't tick the box "Force use of auto-generate Table of Contents" and choose the Paragraph Style Single per the user manual, it will also convert the paragraphs properly. However if I tick "Force use of auto-generated table of contents" and set Level 1 Toc = "//h:h2" per my example, the converted epub does not have paragraphs at all, the whole chapter just becomes one huge paragraph even if I leave the Paragraphy Style as Single per usual manual. I had to use editor to add an extra blank line for each intended paragraph, i.e., to change my text to something like this:

///Table of Contents///

## Sub Header One

This is the first.

This is the second.

This is the third.

Then still set the paragraph style to Single (which is odd, per user manual this should now be "block" instead) and the converted epub will have correct table of contents and correctly formatted paragraph. Can someone look at this odd behavior and let me know if it's my input text issue or a bug there in version 0.7.43? Many thanks.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote