View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #83
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Well, you've caught me out. Never actually downloaded from a torrent site. I assumed, apparently wrongly, that a series of "click here" would do the job, even if you didn't know what you were clicking. Sorry!
One click will get you whatever the search brings up if you use any of the simple, easy to install torrent programs. They are free, install in moments and are straightforward to use. I have seen such software on seventy-plus retirees' computers, people who can barely grasp the basics of computer operation. A couple of weeks ago I saw an elderly woman in a retirement home who had such software on a Mac. She heard about it from other old people and installed it herself. It is called "Vuze" and is simple to use. Do you know what she illegally downloads? Knitting patterns. Prints them out and gives them to her friends.

These old retired people are just like everyone else - some have IT experience, some don't - but they help each other out. They are very social and they share. One old guy goes from house to house doing computer maintenance, installing such software and teaching others how to use it. He is very popular. Not with me, he screwed up my Father-in-Law's new computer. Took Windows 7 off it and installed XP-Pro. (Without all the necessary drivers.)
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote