View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Go to this Amazon site to delete, edit or view all your notes and highlights:

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_reading

If you do it at that site, your records at Amazon AND on the Kindle WiFi will be adjusted. In addition at that site you can do mass deletions at one time or selective deletions.

Editing the Clipping file on the Kindle WiFi does NOT change your records with Amazon or in the eBooks.
Excellent suggestion, simaru. I didn't even know about that method, since I haven't yet used the highlight feature. If everything is deleted from the Amazon site, when your Kindle resynchs with your Amazon account, TenaciousBadger, it should clear the highlights from your Kindle as well. Too bad that this won't work with eBooks obtained from other sites, but as you specified that the eBook in question was from Amazon, you should be fine.

Please let us know whether or not you have success with doing the deletions that way.

Of course, this still won't by-pass the apparently publisher-specified highlight limit for the book. Are you going to copy the current highlights to your computer for reference, then delete them from the Kindle and proceed to high-light the remainder of the book (this time trying not to exceed the limit)? You won't be able to view the first set of highlights from the Kindle, but at least you can check them out on your computer. This is going to get tedious if you have to do this several times - perhaps you should get your need to highlight under control and be more discriminating. (I remember getting carried away with my yellow highlighter when reading textbooks "back in the day" and ending up highlighting way more material than necessary for a useful synopsis of the pertinent facts. Turned out not to be such a good study aid until I learned some control. )

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote