View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Actually, you can use Micropay money to buy anything they have
I can't use them to buy a sandwich, or stamps.

Suppose I want a book that costs $19 at Books on Board, and $20 at Fictionwise with a $1 micropay rebate.

If I buy it at BoB, I have spent $19. I can spend the remaining $1 any way I want.

If I buy it at Fictionwise, I have spent $20, and I can get a price reduction on a future purchase. That dollar is not money I can spend any way I want. It's not money, period. It's a rebate coupon. I would be perfectly happy with that if I hadn't paid $20 for something I can get for $19 elsewhere.

The math is slightly different for 100% rebates, but the fact is, Fictionwise is trying to make you believe you have earned money, when what you earned is a price rebate on a future purchase. It's like those fake checks you get in the mail sometimes. It's not money. It's not worthless, and it's even fine if you use it on stuff that you would have bought anyway. But it's not money in the bank.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote