Thread: Peter S. Beagle
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #26
BWhite
Connoisseur
BWhite will become famous soon enoughBWhite will become famous soon enoughBWhite will become famous soon enoughBWhite will become famous soon enoughBWhite will become famous soon enoughBWhite will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PSP, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Yes, this is exactly the question. Overlooking my personal desire for the books was to me the strangeness of him fund-raising on the web but yet not actually taking advantage of every opportunity to *sell.* I was wondering if there was a particular reason for the lack of ebooks.
I suppose that as the author is selling one of his books in the year 2010, although as a comic book adaptation, it might be best to actually ask the author himself as to why no eBook version?

Sounds as though he still retains control over his book...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/11/17...rn-comic-book/

“I’m delighted that IDW is doing this adaptation of my book,” says Beagle, “and by the real concern they’ve shown for the integrity of what I wrote. Peter Gillis is a wonderful choice as a scripter — I couldn’t have done a better job myself — and Renae and Ray have brought my characters to vivid life. Together with IDW, they are achieving something I honestly hadn’t believed possible.”
BWhite is offline   Reply With Quote