View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarsh1 View Post
Here's my experience with this frustrating bug.

Removing the white-space:pre-wrap doesn't fix things.
It appears to be random. In smaller epubs, it seems ok, but I opened a larger one (90 pages) and these extra lines appear.
It's NOT css, it's NOT Pages.
The template generating these files in Pages is exactly the same, the files both have images, tables etc. I use styles to manage line heights etc.

I had the two clean checkboxes checked (on Save) which I think is what causes it.

I use Apple Pages as it supports intra-document linking, whereas Word on Mac does not (Bookmarks are a nightmare).

I basically can't pin this down to anything. The Sigil forums simply pour scorn on Pages, but I don't think it's pages.

It seems to occur randomly. I've unchecked Tidy too. And will report back.
Can you show us a screenshot of what you're getting? it's still not clear to me if you mean, the whitespace between lines of CODE, in Codeview, or between elements of the book (paragraphs, whatever), in the finished product. Upon what device or reader are you viewing this for inspection, and can you screenshoot us a) the problem and b) the code?

Plus, you'll need to give us the code, BOTH the HTML and the CSS, between CODE tags, thanks. (And a spoiler tag, if they are lengthy). We don't need to see all of your book; just the html for the section in which the problem is occurring and the relevant CSS.) Otherwise, we're nailing jello to the walls, here. You say this:

Quote:
Removing the white-spacere-wrap doesn't fix things.
It appears to be random. In smaller epubs, it seems ok, but I opened a larger one (90 pages) and these extra lines appear.
...but we don't have any examples to look at. I don't know what you're getting, and thus, don't know what to say. So, if you'll provide, we'll help.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote