View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #45
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
The Thousand Nights and a Night (version of Richard Burton - 10 vols.)
Lots of wonderful books have been mentioned, many of which are entirely unmissable. I'd like to second The Thousand Nights and a Night though, the books which probably gave me more enjoyment than any others as a kid and have continued to entertain me ever since. In English it absolutely, positively has to be the Burton translation, which is the only one (I know of) which does not tone down and censor the rich and at times quite explicit language of the original Arabic.

If you like fairy tales, folk tales and/or fantastic literature in general, you really need to check out these.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote