View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I switched to Fora dictionary and that works offline. For some reason ColorDict is not working on my device for any reader app including Coolreader. So it must not be a Moon+ Reader issue.

But good gosh, who designed that horrible menu system within Moon+?!? It is easier to launch the Space Shuttle than find menu items. Android and its apps remind me a lot of the old WM (Windows Mobile). Like a lot of people I outgrew PalmOS and relunctantly switched to WM, but the WM menu system (read UI) was horrible. I really think Android is even more convoluted and non-intuitive. Keep in mind that I worked for various software companies for a quarter of a century and making products that were easily navigable was a huge priority with them. I know it takes a lot more than good programmers to create a good UI, they need to use a top notch UI design team made up of folks from various professions other than just programming. And what ever happened to KISS--Keep It Simple Stupid? I realize many Android geeks love this kind of system, but the average Android user is going to be totally lost in the UI maze.
You're right about the UI! It's one of the reasons I installed and uninstalled a couple of times. Didn't want to take the time to wade through all of it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote