View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
One of the best is Eric Ambler's Light of Day which was filmed as "Topkapi" with Melina Mercouri.
Also Gerald A. Browne wrote a couple of heist novels, 11 Harrowhouse and Green Ice.
And then there's Michael Crichton's The Great Train Robbery and Donald Westlake's The Hot Rock (and his other Dortmunder novels).
The Score by Richard Stark (aka Donald Westlake) is a great story also.
And finally there's W.R. Burnett's Asphalt Jungle .
Unfortunately, I don't think many of these are available to purchase as ebooks.
Thanks for the recommendations!! I will see if I can source any in ebook form. Any other recommendations which are available in ebook would be great! I don't read any pbook's any more. My sony has spoiled me.
ould is offline   Reply With Quote