View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
I think B&N has to do this to ensure their own financial viability. In times past (my era) you were limited to what the on campus bookstore had and you had no choice but to pay their prices.

With my daughter in college now, I was please to learn that student's book buying options about four version beyond what I experienced. V2 was buying at off-campus bookstores that existed by beating the on-campus bookstore price. V3 was buying online at Amazon and others. V4 I was pleased to discover this year with Chegg.com that 'rents' textbooks to students for the period of the term. So now my daughter buys textbooks in her major and 'rents' the textbooks for electives and other courses that she'll never use again. If B&N doesn't find a way to adapt, there will be tumbleweeds and crickets chirping during fall rush as the only students in the on-campus bookstore are snapping pics of their course books in the B&N bookstore so they can comparison shop at Half.com and Chegg.com.
Thank you for listing the sites in that post. My eldest graduates high school on the 6th, and while Texas is moving rapidly into electronic texts not everything is available yet.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote