View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #41
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I started from scratch and added the new image file from April 10. This time it worked.

I added a pdf script that I've been using as a sample with PDFRead with some success in landscape mode. I added the file to my "documents" folder and also downloaded it via the browser.

I realized I have confused my results by having 2 copies of the same file on my Kindle. Its hard to tell which is doing what. Here is what I think is happening.

- The file I added via USB showed up on my home screen with author listed as "User Windows..." (can't see the whole name). This file split into 2 versions. One with the correct title and one with percent (%) signs where the spaces should be between words. Both of these files lost their formatting.

- The file I downloaded via the browser also split into 2 files. Both had percent (%) signs where the spaces should be between words. One of those files has the word "Converting" in front of it. Can't see an author name because the titles are too long.

The file without "Converting" in front of the title, looks perfect. All the formatting is intact.

The files *with* "Converting" in front of the title, is full of conversion instructions and a list of all the page numbers.

If I haven't confused myself too much with the double files, I think it's better to download the file via the browser than to add it to the Kindle via USB.

A few things I noticed with the file that converted properly:

- I was unable to bookmark any pages
- Moving the joystick just causes the top info bar on the screen to blink
- Just for fun I tried to see if I could change the font size, the font was disabled and nothing happened.

I still have more experimenting to do but so far Savory really rocks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-17022.gif
Views:	848
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	27453   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-17025.gif
Views:	775
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	27454   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-17024.gif
Views:	780
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	27455   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-17020.gif
Views:	840
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	27456   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-17021.gif
Views:	785
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	27457   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-17023.gif
Views:	782
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	27458   Click image for larger version

Name:	savory script files.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	27459  

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-11-2009 at 07:37 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote