View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #21
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paethon
Maybe. But Pan&Zoom isn't in the featurecatalog for 2.7 anyway. So I expect it will come with 2.8 or even later.
So is it realy normal that a company needs 2 months for a softwareupdate with such "features" as a renaming-dialog and a search-dialog?
"Normal" depends on resources.

How many people do they have working on the software? How many people are able to work on the software without getting in each other's way? What are their priorities? (Remember that iRex's priorities may not be ours.)

We don't have the answer to those questions. So I can't say what's normal or not.

Right now iRex is in a safe time. There's no real competition out there yet (since the Sony's sold out). But they are racing the clock. They need to get their eBook out and established before the big names do. I think that Sony has realized that their eBook is bigger than they thought and will work to get the supply issue corrected. Then you have Amazon's eBook reader on the horizon too.

I think it's safe to say that iRex knows that they need to move fast and are working on the things they think are high priority.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote