Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #92
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Before firing off another email to Kobo, I did a factory reset, updated the firmware, again, and installed a book from the Kobo store. Then I let it sit. After a couple of promising days, I installed a single book (the same one I had on prior to the reset.) Still no problems.

Last night I installed 3 more. But when I disconnected/reconnected, then started Calibre, no books were to be found. Evidently it's a Calibre issue, so I'm hoping today's weekly update will fix that.

So it appears, for the time being, the rapid discharge issue is fixed. If We can get Calibre to find the books I loaded, and battery life begins to approach that of my Sony PRS-T1, We'll be happy campers. Based on my GF's Touch, and now Glo, I don't think it will quite achieve that.
Ooh goodie! Glad to hear your new Glo's battery life is a lot better now. I hope it stays that way! And if so, it will get better still with a couple more empty/full battery cycles.
Quote:
Keep us posted on your Kobo replacement quest.
Well I sent my 'bad' Glo on Monday, and it arrived a day late for some reason, on Wednesday. This is what the tracking code tells me... I haven't heard anything from Kobo and I'm finding that rather frightening because well, I want my Glo back! I have a Touch that sits next to me aaalll day but I'm having trouble picking it up because it's not my Glo I think I might send another email to Kobo asking for a status update. They did say "allow three weeks" for replacement, but they also said "upon receipt and inspection of" the Glo they'll ship a new one... So unless they're super busy and haven't got around to inspecting their received package yet, Dutch post should deliver a Glo to me today (Friday) Unless of course the replacement is sent from abroad. Gah, I didn't realise until now that might be the case. Then it could take ages
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote