View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #1683
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
I always assumed "Empty Night" - as far as the White Court "curse" goes - was in relation to not feeding. Empty night = not finding anything (anyone) to feed upon = another day of hunger = chance of losing control, etc.

That sounds quite reasonable to me. You are probably right

It amazes me to hear that he had planned a 20 case story arc...and has now added to its midpoint! Color me amazed!

I was concerned that Harry was too empowered and connected now to be able to do too many more cases. Glad to be wrong. Wonder if he'll somehow be able to resume life as a detective when Winter Court isn't especially in session. Surely he doesn't have to save the whole world every week. Gotta give the other superbeings their turn under the spotlight.

Perhaps he'll be like a wizarding version of Persephone, available six months of the year for (relatively) normal cases. I kinda miss the noir-ish feel of the first mysteries, though I have enjoyed the last books tremendously too.
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote