View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
My rather small local library has quite a few of his children's books. Does anyone know if he receives revenue from library books loaned in the U.S.?

I've always kind of wondered how authors are reimbursed for library loans here.
He gets whatever royalties he'd get from the sale of each copy of the book the libraries buy, that's it as far as direct compensation.

Quote:
"If I sold the book I'd get 30p per book. I get six grand, and I should be getting £180,000."
Assuming all of those borrowers would have bought the books instead, which they wouldn't have.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-15-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote