View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #33
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
The only paper books that I have left are my books from my Grad School/teaching days.
Honestly, unless you are in research, why are you keeping these books? If you haven't even cracked the textbook open in 5 years, you won't in 10 years either. Now, if you are actually in research, that's a different story. Sometimes solutions for new problems ARE found in the older texts. Save your space for used paperbacks or books that you can't get in ebook form. For instance, I still have tons of craft and cookbooks, because frankly, they don't work so good in ebook form when you are actually doing the project. None of the ebook cookbooks I have bought so far have indexing, which makes it almost unusable for me or my Mom.

AlanHD
, if you are looking for out of print paperback books, try Paperbackswap.com (use QuiltedKnitter as a reference!). You do not have to provide books. You can buy credits and to get books mailed to you. I will tell you that if you can't find the fantasy or sci fi even mentioned in the Amazon used market, your chances of getting it through Paperbackswap.com is low. You could also try contacting Uncle Hugo's in Minneapolis. It's been there for decades.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-11-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote