View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
My K3 did the same this morning. I charged it over night and this morning the light was still amber, but that's nothing new, it's always done that every now and then for over 2 years. I unplugged it and brought it to work like I always do, went to turn it on and got no change on the screen. I held the power button for over 20 seconds, after about 7 the green light quickly came on and went off again. Still got nothing when I let go of the button.

I put it back on the charger and after about a minute it started to reboot, the Amazon page popped up and the loading bar showing the progress. It took over a minute to finish rebooting and finally the screen came on but there were no books, just empty collections. The screen flashed again and now all my books show up. I didn't touch anything and let it go back to sleep. I still have it on the charger now and the light is still amber after 2 hours (plus 8 from last night).

My question is, do I leave it on the charger without touching it until the green light comes on? What if it never turns green? I'm just scared I will mess it up even more if I pull the plug too soon.

Any advice...besides swapping the battery?

EDIT: The green light came on after 4 hours, I unplugged it and it seems to be working again .

Last edited by Pookeysgirl; 02-15-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote