View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Some problems with a launcher extension

Firstly I'd like to tell you that your port of x11vnc is awesome. Keep up the good work!

I tried to create a launcher extension to stop and start x11vnc. I must admit that I am not very good with linux commands and I have used the usbnetwork launcher in order to understand how the launcher works and I based my launcher extension on it and on the info I could gather from the source you posted for x11vnc.

My launcher extension stops and starts x11vnc correctly but it doesn't work the same as if it x11vnc launched at boot by checking the ENABLE_VNC file (the normal way).
I will list the differences:
-I can open x11vnc with my launcher extension and connect to it with a VNC client. but if I disconnect the client, I cannot connect it again without restarting x11VNC whereas with the normal startup I can disconnect and reconnect as many times as I wish.
-If I open x11vnc with my launcher and connect a VNC client, the Kindle interface becomes not responsive after a few seconds. After I disconnect the VNC Client all my interactions are registered at the same time resulting in multiple menu windows, collections selects, page selects, etc at the same time.

Can you please look at my launcher extension and see what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

PS: I updated the wiki with some basic info about your VNC package. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ing#VNC_Server
Attached Files
File Type: zip x11VNCServer launcher extension.zip (1.7 KB, 635 views)
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote