View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
IMHO the upcoming Hanklin is more near on the "might actual exist soon" plane.. Dunno, its obvious that in say 5 years we will have much better eReader devices than today. Its always the unanswerable question of, shall I yet wait another year to possibly buy a better device, or do I want to start using one now?
Assuming that Astak is getting the readers from Netronix, we may be able to see a working product by the end of September this year.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21808
I think the assumption is reasonable since the description by Astak guy literally matches that of Netronix.

I cannot tell which one is more likely to hit the market first, but since Netronix is working with (or run by) the maker of e-ink panel (PVI), Astak/Netronix reader may appear on the market earlier than or as early as Hanlin product. Of course, this is a pure speculation on my side.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote