Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #151
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
Actually I wasn't casting aspersions at your good self, just speaking "out loud" in the forum Perhaps my enthusiasm for a return to normal battery life prevented me from expressing myself clearly?
Not at all. I didn't take your comment personally, I was just generally sorry that you now feel less confident.

Quote:
Obviously they are of the same opinion that the issue lies in software (possibly coupled with specific user settings) rather than hardware. Which is hopeful. It would still be nice to know this from their lips as it were so I don't unnecessarily return what would otherwise be considered a perfectly functioning machine.

[... from later in your post:] What would be nice is if Kobo capitalised upon this aspect by being more forthright about what is happening and what steps are being taken. Managing user expectations effectively goes a long way to keeping customers happy in the long run.
Sure, it would be nice to hear it from their own lips. But I do realise that time is precious and when you're fighting to find a culprit it's extra hassle to seek out a certain thread in a certain forum unrelated to your own company to go an explain all the steps you're taking – so I do understand their silence on MR.

Quote:
A sleep mode problem may also cover the original problem I had regarding not slipping from sleep into power-off and chewing through the battery when that happened. Mind you, I can't see how this would explain the disparity in overall battery longevity between the old & new devices. Hmmm.
Indeed. Have you contacted Sameer or exec care directly? If not, maybe it's an idea to do so and give them your findings and theories as well.

Quote:
You personally never "gave my trust a hit".

Quote:
We're fortunate that these devices are flashable and hence software problems are easily resolved.
Yeah
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote