View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachdanan View Post
Apart from this, do you know how much battery life do you get? They say stuff like 8 weeks but it's not 24*7*8 hours, right?
Just sitting there with your last page read in memory does not really use electricity, so you do not have to turn them completely off.

You do have to turn off wireless when not using it, or battery life goes way down. Since I check the news delivered by WiFi or 3G multiple times a day, I just keep the wireless on all the time, which brings down battery like to maybe two days. I charge nightly.

My wife keeps her's in airplane mode (no wireless), and it does last many weeks without a charge.

Re maturity of the technology, one can't rule out a breakthrough, but it seems fairly mature. Color eInk is not widely marketed, I suspect because the colors lack brightness.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote