View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #162
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Not quite. The Plantaganets had ruled in both France and England. But the Saint Bartholemew day massacre was in 1572. Elizabeth I was Queen of England. She was a Tudor. There had been plans for her to marry the Duc d'Anjou but it never came off. (In the film, 'Elizabeth' he's portrayed as a cross-dresser.)
No, Patricia .... I realize that. What I was saying, is that if the Plantagenet Kings were from the House of Anjou ... even if it was about 300 years prior ... they might have had some common ancestors. So, for example Edward III might have been some great great great (and so on) uncle or grandfather to the Duke of Anjou who became Henri III.

That's the sort of relationship I meant. I do know that the Tudors were on the throne of England during the Saint Bartholomew Day massacre and that the Plantagenets were last on the throne with Edward III. Not my point.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote