View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Precise measure or not, reading is not a precise function. You're going to be disappointed if you take more time thank your previous default or you are going to blame the inaccurate device, but the only certainty you have is: you're not going to read that pages in that prefixed time.
Perhaps precision is the wrong term afterall. I am interested in this feature if it gives me a good estimate. I realize that I probably read fiction at one rate, theology at another, and other genres at still another. It is enough for me if the PW is accurate enough to notice the approximate it time it take me to get through a page/set of locations while taking into account the idiosyncrisies I bring into that particular genre, i.e. stopping for a few minutes to think through a concept with its implications, then predictively forecase that into an estimate time till completion within an acceptable range.
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote