View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #423
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinka View Post
Yes, lorenzoens, my camera is ready. What exactly would you like me to compare with my camera (probably not in this thread, if JBC will not participate in this comparison)?
How dear

Where in this forum:
I don't see reasons to exclude any of your readers, I'd include all four (ipad 3, M92, JBC, DXG) but maybe we can choose another place. I suggest to avoid the Apple section, we know fandom may be a real hassle in case someone would think we're criticizing their fav gadget.

All considered, if you can portrait all your readers, we (you) might start a thread in a general topics place like "Which one should I buy?" (any suggestion is welcome). Otherwise a less crowded place would be the Boox section.

The topic should be something like "a photo comparison between large ereaders". You happen to have a very nice collection now, didnt see anything similar on the web, so it deserves a proper place.

The pictures:
the scheme could be the one you already tried: outside with sun (max lightness on ipad), inside with artificial lighting, inside with low light (bed-like).
I'd only ask you to add a picture for each of the three ambiences, showing the environment around so that people can have an idea of the kind of lighting around.

With 4 readers involved it'll be really difficult to have a proper focus on all the four devices together, so you may consider the option of using a stand and shooting 1 reader at a time, in the same exact place and light conditions.

You know, people expect from you the final demonstration of the Truth when you make such photo comparatives

How to publish
I suggest of using a single post inside the same thread, for each of the different ambiences.

The files:
I) a pdf with text and colours II) an epub/mobi. Displayed at the same size.

Example:

New thread - a photo comparison between large ereaders
first post: brief introduction on the comparison

second post: the readers in ambience 1, with both files displayed + the environment shown = 9 pics
third post: the readers in ambience 2 (like above, 9 pics)
fourth post: the readers in ambience 3 (like above, 9 pics)

What do you think? There's the possibility that a thread like this can become a sticky focusing on similar comparisons from other users. Other suggestions appreciated.

Notes:
a nice bonus would be to add the ipad 2 too
if the ipads in the sun won't read well, it doesn't care, just avoid reflections when possible
you might as well add a single "family portrait" of all the readers together in each ambience, in the end of the single shots. We'd have 10 shots for each ambience, which is more than enough.
you might consider using an external photos sharing service

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-26-2012 at 12:44 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote