View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Or if you like reliable high speed hack proof connections to your LAN. I use a wired connection to my TiVO, Xbox and all desktop PC's. I would have the Wii wired too, but they want extra money for the connector.

Wireless is nice, but I limit it to devices that don't stay in the same location for too long. Or if you just can't get a wire pulled to a certain place.

BOb
good lawd chicken little, errr....bob...get over that stuff...nobody is sitting outside your door on your lawn looking to hack your wifi. You take a higher risk of death driving to the grocery store or going for a walk. Simple things like limiting the number of connections on your wireless router address anything but someone sitting on your lawn with a sniffer. Crips if it's that scary get off line...and quick.

FYI, unless a person is using super highly double or even higher shielded cabling, with the correct equipment someone can hack your wired network WIRELESSLY then spoof a connection. As in all of your cabling gives of an RF signal of some sort.

I say this with tongue firmly in cheek...but at the same time such things are just silly to worry about. To each their own though which is the nice part of life...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote