View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djehuty View Post
OK, now I'm confused. The font family usually works to supply proper bold and italic type when the entire font family -- all four fonts -- is present on a computer. In this case, only one font would be present. Do the bold and italicized versions somehow get encoded in that one font? Or does the reader merely guess?

If the latter, that would explain why the italic type for the default font looks exactly like the normal type, only pushed a bit to the right. But if it's the former, it might be worthwhile to change the default font after all.

I'm sorry, but I don't know those things. All I know is that I copied 1 Ariel file from the font folder to my desktop, followed the directions in the "very detailed instruction" thread, and it took care of itself. If the book I'm reading has italics, then the reader shows italics. Or if I type a document in rtf with bold and italics, that's what shows up on the reader.

From what I understood from the "very detailed instructions" is that any special formatting in the book, such as bold, overrides the default in order to show up the way it was meant to be.

Anything beyond that is way over my head and skill set.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote