Thread: Aura HD Setting up new Kobo
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Navderek: As far as I can remember NO Kobo device has supported this; the manuals have never described Static IP configuration.

I can't even remember in all the years of reading / discussing Kobo another person with the same need.

While yes, you might have some rationale based on a sense of security, I do feel that you are in minute group of users.

I have assigned my devices pseudo-static addresses through the simple means of an IP address assigned to a MAC address via my DHCP server.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote