View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:00 AM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Just a few observations from a PRS500 owner.

The process of loading complex rtf files directly from the SD card - as oposed to the use of Connect SW (which I dislike) or use of lrf files - can eat the power at an alarming rate. You open a book and it might be several minutes until the reader "digests" the file. That is several minutes of intensive processor and memory utilization.

I open three or four new *.rtf books and I am one bar down. No pages read yet, no days of use. Just about 10 minutes of full speed running processor.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote