View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
I don't have an answer if you're dealing with graphics, but for weird text breaks try Calibre and playing with the "Line Un-Wrapping Factor" under the PDF input option when converting. I'm using version 0.7.13. It says the default for this setting is .5, but when I manually enter .5 I get a very different result than when leaving it stock. I'm sure it's worth trying different settings based on the source.

I also use the option of pulling the html from the "Debug" option to clean up anything that was missed. I had a book that I was having a heck of a time with. After changing the "Line Un-Wrapping Factor" the only errors I had to go in and manually fix were the start of chapters. Sometimes the chapter number ran into the first line of text.

I'm very new, so there is probably less convoluted ways of getting this done.

-M
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote