View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If the metadata cache is not being written, then it tries to determine the metadata from the file.
AFAICT, it is correctly writing the metadata.calibre file (I assume that is the cache) on the SD card (and on the HD for that matter - yes I'm on Vista). Then it munges it on a reconnect.

I probably do have a mismatch between the regex used to Add Books and the pattern used to save the book out. Normally I have the option to read metadata only from filename on, and I vary the Add Books import regex. Does that regex come into play during the reconnect to the folder (or during the initial transfer from main library to Device)?

Quote:
In other words, it will use the last value you put into the regexp box for adding books. If this regexp does not match the filename pattern used for sending to device (also in preferences), then nothing good will happen.
Does this happen even with a simple transfer from the main GUI library?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote