View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

Silverraven, I took a look at the link and may try the trial, but it looks a little overwhelming.

Koland, I've only ever used Calibre to convert to epub--never tried any of the management features.

Odiakkoh, I'm using an Excel spreadsheet now. I was thinking of an app to save time--so I could just type in the ASIN to get the information (or scan a barcode for an audiobook CD). It would also give me a book summary, which would be useful.

I had started to use Book Catalogue for my paper books, and while it would work for audiobooks, the drawback is that it doesn't allow for a "Narrator" field. So I was hoping there might be something out there that's more customizable for audiobooks.
I thought the one I suggested had it to where you could just scan the bar code? Or it used to? Honestly, been years since I messed with. And I don't have a bar code scanner anyway. I just keep my books in folders according to author. If I need to print off a list I use
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp I know there is a way to print directory info from the command line but I don't know how, sorry. Maybe someone with more computer skills than I can tell us how. One thing I do like about the karenware is that you can choose how much info to print, a lot or a little. I don't know if that is possible through the command line??
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote