View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #23
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I believe the OP mentioned this is a USB drive. That will slow things down unless it can fully use a USB3 connection)
No, I only used Calibre Portable because I didn't want to worry about interfering with the original Calibre profile on disc C.

The orignal (crashing) programme is on disc C. It's library on disc D.

The new portable install is on disc G and this versions library is on G as well.

There is one thing that you very likely do not have on your systems but which I very much need though I do not know if and why it would interfere - it's a screen magnifyer called Zoomtext. This is also the reason why I use WinXP (apart from that I really do not like the handling of Win7).
It is a little bit complicated so lets just say for the moment WinXP is a must.

I can not test the system without it though since running in secure mode or normal mode but with ZT deinstalled (simply deactivating does not change anything) I do not see anything on screen. *sigh*

However there is no other software that acts like Calibre/the database so I very much doubt ZT is the reason.
And if the library is very small Calibre works fine with ZT on. So, no, I really don't think this is the cause.

I will try to get this to work now, thanks for your recommendations.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote