View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomzombie View Post
This is all very cool. But can I ask: is there a resource for fonts that've already been fancied up or modified for use? You know, otf or ttf files that have been optimized for reading on a Kindle? Or the Kindle Paperwhite with it's higher resolution? Thanks for any leads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post
I know this is probably a silly question, but where do you find the fonts to put in that new folder? Thanks
Actually, don't need to be fonts anymore optimized for eink with the PW. Even fancy fonts with small serifs and non-uniform thickness look great. Other thal finding any otf or ttf fonts online (there is tons of free ones) you can simply copy fonts from your computer. In Win7 for example, simply type fonts into the search in start - goes to fonts folder. Then open a font and pick regular, italic, bold, and bold-italic. Sometimes it will work for fonts that miss italic. Comic Sans for example works with only bold and regular - the italic shows up on kindle as well - think just slanted over.

One font I also like straight out of Windows is Tektron Pro - that is a font that has non-uniform thickness and non-straight lines. Looks great on PW.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote