View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #177
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Capture the Wind by Virginia Brown (currently published by Bell Bridge, previously published by Zebra 1994)

Quote:
He took her captive. She stole his heart.A rogue pirate. A beautiful Englishwoman. Who would win their battle on the high seas? “I came down here to terrorize you into submission. I did not expect such easy capitulation.”“How dismaying for you. Should I put up a defiant front to assuage your disappointment?”“You’re a cool one, Miss Angela. I’ll give you that much.”“Are you what they say you are, Captain Saber?”A slight smile tilted his mouth up at one corner. “And what do they say I am, Miss Angela? Murderer? I’ve killed men, though I can’t say I’ve derived any satisfaction from it. Pirate? Quite true. Though at times, I’ve stolen things that belong to me, so I’m not quite certain what that does to my redoubtable reputation as a thief and scourge of the seven seas.”He took a step closer, his voice lowering to a husky timbre that sent chills chasing down her spine. “That I am known as—let me see—a defiler of damsels? As for that reputation, I gladly plead . . .” His hand shifted, fingers tightening in her hair to draw her head back. “Guilty.”
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote