View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
kyteflyer, thanks for your comments, but I think you are completely missing what I need :-)

What I want is to read and sync non-drm ebooks, i.e., third-party books I load myself. There are several solutions that support reading on the computer and syncing to an iOS app, including Kobo and Kindle, but only with drm books you bought from their store.

As far as I can tell, the new Sony iOS app doesn't even support that. I think it supports it on Android, not sure, but that doesn't help me... I hope it's something they'll add in the future.
No, I didnt miss what you need. I read non-DRM books in Kobo on the phone (well I dont now, but I have- Ive gone back to Stanza and iBooks), I thought perhaps Kobo might also allow it on the desktop. Whatever.

Additionally, I'm sure someone else said you can sync non-DRM books on Kindle between desktop and app (booksmarks? dunno) but you do have to convert those books to Kindle format
kyteflyer is online now   Reply With Quote