View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
I made the mistake of picking up an Acer Iconia A500 tablet. As a result, I haven't picked up my Kobo in more than a month. I'm still 60% done 'Under the Dome', but I am getting a lot of Tom Baker-era Doctor Who, Some Mothers Do Ave Em, and Space: 1999 reruns watched. There was an article a fe weeks ago about ereaders being shunted aside for tablets since the lure of the shiny video or game or web browsing was just too strong. I must agree.
I hear what you're saying!!! I use my Kobo WiFi a lot less now that I have my Vox. BUT...I must say, having a tablet is MUCH more convenient for travel. I recently travelled and used my Vox for reading a book, reading several magazines, watching a movie, surfing the internet and also playing a video game.

I don't think it's a mistake to buy a tablet - I think it's a mistake to read on your tablet when you could be reading on your e-ink e-reader...who needs the eye strain? But when you factor in the ease of travelling with one device, a tablet is probably the best purchase you'll ever make.

I also know people who like having the option of reading on their tablet because it's backlit and they can read in a dark room (like when your spouse is already sleeping). I also know people who prefer to read on their Vox now vs. their WiFi or Touch because of Reading Life and Pulse (I have since given up on caring about those two...).

You'd be surprised how many people have multiple devices and enjoy them all!!!! Just like multiple video game consoles (we have an older Playstation, a Wii and now XBox Kinect). We're living in a techie world!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote