View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabey8 View Post
i have an OLPC XO laptop, and I did successfully install FBReader on it a few days ago.

When I turn off the backlight and rely on the sunlight-readable black-and-white ebook display, I use either the ambient light in the room or an LED book light that I found out about on these forums, a Dual Flex music stand light from Mighty Bright.

I went on a download-athon on a few free sites, especially after installing FBReader which I prefer over the built-in PDF reader.

I haven't got a dedicated ebook device, but I after getting my feet wet with ebooks on the XO, I can easily see this becoming a regular habit for this avid reader of paper books.
If you were to use it strictly for an eBook reader how long will the battery last?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote