View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I suspect that the indexes are kept in a single hash (a global set). The K1 had separate indexing for the main memory and the SD card, and if you moved a book from one place to the other, it reindexed that book.

It isn't efficient to search n indexes for a single word, when searching one is faster.

Therefore, the entire set of documents/books would have to be identical for the pc and the Kindle for your idea to work, disregarding the DRM issue for the moment.

Impractical, I think.

Are you saying that a kindle book downloaded on to pc and read via kindle for pc cannot be transferred to the kindle via copy/paste.That makes no sense.In any case indexing would still be the same as it is the same set of words.

I don't understand why DRM is even being discussed.

I already said for Large collections you just copy /paste into kindle for pc and let it index then dump same files into kindle.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote