View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #107
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Bans on horse meat go back long, long before "My Little Pony". New Jersey legalized horse meat during WWII, but again banned it after the war ended. New York legalized horse meat in 1915, but I couldn't find out how long it had been banned, or whether it remained illegal.
Several years ago the FDA began to approve the inspection of horse meat for human consumption. It still isn't a popular meat in the US. But neither is octopus, squid (except when served as Calamari,) but are common daily foods in Asia, Bat brains (popular in the Western Caroline Islands,) Balut (popular in the P.I.) It's really only in the past 20 years that American have begun eating raw fish, and there is still a majority who insist that it is better used as bait than food!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote