Thread: Troubleshooting Paperwhite screen solution...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post

I've had my Paperwhite since they were first shipped. It has never had a "bad" screen.

Recently it started to show some small signs of color. It has always shown the little cones of light from the LED bulbs but this was new.

I dug out my eyeglass cloth and cleaner, shut off the PW and carefully wiped the screen with the cloth after spraying some cleaner on the cloth, not the screen.

Voila! My PW is back to essentially perfect. Others should try this and report. I have a funny feeling that this is the answer.
Sorry, but that is nothing more than wishful thinking. There are far too many reports and, I daresay, many keep their screens immaculate, as I do. The hues remain.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote