View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I don't think that Amazon is losing the tax battle, and I'm not sure where the writer gets this idea. Amazon operates three distribution centers in my area, and has just announced a fourth. Amazon, the governor, and various community officials in the counties with distribution centers have not been shy in pointing out that it is our "tax friendly" policies that encouraged Amazon to build distribution centers here, nor in noting that these facilities employ a couple of thousand people with entry level salaries of between $12-20/hr, with full medical.

In any event, Amazon is not losing the battle here.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote