Thread: Bookmark bug
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Hi there,

besides a lot of other problems with the buggy 1.0 firmware I noticed recently a bookmark bug:

After the Cybook has been switched on for a longer period of time (many hours or days) bookmarks cannot be set anymore. I can call the bookmark menu and select "Add bookmark" but nothing will happen. A reboot will always solve that problem.

Usually the Cybook save the last position you read in a book even without using a bookmark. In the case of this bug it will not. Currently I set a new bookmark every few pages, just to make sure I will not end up looking desperately for the page I was reading before the last reboot.

Does anybody recogneize this problem? Any hints? I am really looking forward to the next firmware update hoping it will kill a lot of those nasty bugs.

Alan

PS: I should mention that I only use prc-files (books I bought or I created with the MobiPocket Creator).

What I've always found helpful is to, when I want to turn it off - say for going to sleep for the night - is to first exit to the Library. When you do that it always bookmarks your current position. I've noticed just turing the Cybook off sometimes loses the current position.

I haven't noticed other bookmarking problems because I'm not one for 'bookmarking' a novel. Sorry.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote