View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What? You can't do that?
I could, we all could if we thought it was important/necessary to do so.........or if we were trying to look "cool".......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Hello, my name is dreams. Is there a door down the hall for a, "mostly use my cell phone to make calls and maybe text" support group?

I was really good and turned off the internet browsing. I try to not take pics and beam them and videos over to my phone for viewing (still working on that part ) and I've tried to not "discover" what else it does... I promise
Welcome to "blah blah blah", dreams. Of course, you can join....but we'll be keeping an eye on you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hello, my name is Sweetpea. My phone is made for making phone calls! But it can do more! It can hold its battery for longer than a day! But there is still more! I can even drop it on the floor without it being broken! It will even be able to witstand water! (that last one was very important, considering my last 3 phones died by drowning...)

And I can text with it, which is very handy if I'm on my way to my mother (1500km drive) so I can tell her where I am.
Welcome to "blah blah blah" Sweetpea. I once had my phone "drown" when bottle of water came open in my purse....it was only two weeks old. I took off the cover, let it site for a few days, and voila! It worked again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post

My internet was down the other day. The phone managed to save me with it's Edge/3G .
Lets see I use my phone for:
* Checking RSS-feeds
* Texting
* Twitter
* Podcast
* GPS
* Browsing
* Checking mail
* Playing Chess
* Listening to music
It's a small command-centre

The only thing I miss on my old "Can only make calls/text"-phone was the outstanding battery life.
And are any of these things so important, you can't do without them for a short while? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
My name is TGS, and I have already confessed to having a crap phone. It's a Motorola and usually isn't at the same place as I am, but that doesn't matter because it is always on silent so I wouldn't know if someone was trying to call me or text me. It does have an alarm clock, but the only time I used it, it was still on silent so it didn't wake me up.
You are hereby a confirmed member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Hello. My name is Betty and my phone ...

Oh, who am I trying to kid! I've got an Android phone, and I just came over here to tease you guys!

It's okay, though, because I bet you don't get that sweaty withdrawal feeling when you see that your battery is just a little TOO low to last the day...
Burn the witch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
My name is Abe, and since my main form of communication is the written word, there is no need for a cell phone, just a Crackberry. Talk is for woosies, for those who are too lazy to write. Email is a permanent record of communication (assuming you save it). Voice is an obsolete form of communication, except for face-to-face meetings, or long distance chats between family members or friends. I personally abhor the phone and phone rings. People use phones to (a) interrupt you, (b) tell you about a death or accident, or (c) sell you something via telemarketing. More bad news travels by phone than good news. Enough.
uh......oooookay!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote