View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Like many of you, I have a lot of PDFs to read. I've been trying to wait it out until the release of the Asus DR900, the Plastic Logic Que, the Skiff, or any other large-format e-reader, but trying to make do by reading long tomes on an LCD display has been causing eye strain and headaches.

Unfortunately, the iRex DR800SG is nigh impossible to acquire now. The only option available at this moment is the Kindle DX, which is too expensive for a model which will most likely be obsolete by the end of the year. I'm also worried that I will seriously regret getting a DX if the Asus DR900 does actually come out at a lower price in August. But the alternative is to read almost nothing, aside from a few new physical books, for an indefinite number of months.

Does anyone in a similar situation have a plan?
It feels like dedicated large format readers have seen their day. I think the ipad (which i use now) is the answer
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote