View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I had an original Galaxy S, and there were some apps that could be moved to the SD card and some that couldn't. But, more importantly, if I moved an app to the SD card *I could no longer use their custom widget on the home screen.* Which meant that several of my most useful apps could be moved, but because their usefulness was in their home screen widget, I had to leave them on the phone.

Samsung stopped supporting my phone after Gingerbread, so it might be something that was improved for later phones with newer versions of the OS. I don't know; I have an iPhone now.
The move to SD card was a workaround to breath some extra life into phones with limited internal storage, it was never a "this is the way things will be done in the future" thing. Phones now have multiple gigabytes of internal storage, and for most folks that should be plenty, at least if you store apps internally and your humongous video files on the SD card. Only those users with a bunch of high def games might feel the pain of limited onboard storage.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote