View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
majaka
majaka began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
It's a similar case for me.
I've had my iLiad since February as well, and I use it constantly (as a matter of fact, I run the batteries down typically every day, although I dun think that that is necessarily a good thing!)

But a few weeks ago it developed a small white "patch" in the top-right corner, kind of similar to how an LCD screen looks when you push on it with your finger, except that it isn't visible except when the device is turned off.

I opened a ticket with iRex and sent them a couple of photos, and they said that they will replace it. The box got here in 2 days (I'm in Australia) which is great, 'coz it shipped with my dad's iLiad (since he grew tired of seeing how much I loved mine and wanted his own) and I have since then shipped it back. By using the tracking code it seems like it also only took 2 days on the return journey, but by crikey they have a lot of checks!!

Anyway, I'm sure that your iLiad will be safely back in your hands, as iRex are a great company. (My dad initially hated them since he paid on credit card and they had to verify it because he's international and thus it took 2 weeks to ship, but that's HIS fault, isn't it?!)

We should make T-shirts. "iLiadless, need a hug"
majaka is offline   Reply With Quote