View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #13020
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
This week I read What Happened to Tom by Christopher Taffen, based upon a recommendation by one of our author/members. It's a very depressing allegorical tale wherein a man is abducted and against his will forced to be used a human dialysis machine. If he severs the connection between himself and the patient to whom he is connected, the patient will die. The treatment, he is told, will take nine months, in which he will suffer weight gain, bloating, vomiting, etc. I think you get the picture.
Someone bothered to make a book out of that thought experiment? Goodness me.

Perhaps I should write a book about someone who's kidnapped and taken to a railway bridge, where he's forced to choose whether or not to pull a lever and switch a train from the track with five people tied to it, to a track with only one person tied to it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote