View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
Walk Broad
Connoisseur
Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Walk Broad once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Tablet PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom90deg View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree here. Apple does some stuff very well, but it seems to me that Apple's policy is first, make it look cool. Second, make it do what it's supposed to do. The Kindle is ugly. BUT, it's Ugly in the way, as someone said, a stealth fighter is ugly. All those buttons, the shape, it all serves a reason. I think If apple designed it, they'd first make it look shiny and sleek, then try to make it do what it's supposed to do.

I'm sorry if this came off as Anti-apple, but I think they put too much focus on how a product looks and it's "cool" factor. They do some good stuff, but they're not the end-all when it comes to design.
Which is exactly why I think Apple making an e-reading device would be a great asset.

WE might never buy it, but all of a sudden masses of people would "discover" e-books (and Steve Jobs would probably try to claim he invented them).

E-books would be on the lips of millions of people who would start to investigate.

The publishing industry would fall all over themselves getting content ready since it would have the "Apple mystique" attached to it. (Think iPod)

Smaller e-book publisher could market to an even larger pool of e-readers

Think if even half of them bought someone else's e-reading device besides Apple's?

And then think of all the e-books that would be selling on both the Apple model and everyone else's?

Apple would raise the level of awareness even further than Amazon has done, reagardless if their e-reader is a piece of stylish junk or not.

I would wlecome Apple into the e-reading device market with open arms and rose petals at their feet even if I would never (ever) buy an Apple product.
Walk Broad is offline   Reply With Quote