View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Kindle Touch - slow down & crash

I was recently reading "Anniversary Day" by Kristine Kathryn Rusch (the eighth book in her Retrieval Artist science-fiction / mystery series, GREAT series, GREAT book!)

As I read the book, I started noticing that the page turns were taking longer and longer. I would sometimes switch to reading on my Kindle Fire or another Android device with Kindle for Android, and things would work fine, but page turn on the Kindle Touch got so bad that I would start turning the pages when I still had a couple of lines left to read. Then I started having problems with the device crashing (rebooting), often when I turned it on to start reading. The whole thing just seemed to be in a bad way.

Then, I finished the book, archived it (ie, deleted it from the machine), and started a new one, and everything was back to normal: fast page turns and no crashes. So I started to write an email to Kris (the author), in case there was something wrong with the e-book's formatting and others were experiencing it, too. While writing the email, I decided to load the book up again and do some further testing, and everything worked fine. I paged clear through the book, no crashes, no slow page turns. So now I don't know whether it was something about that specific book, or maybe the book I read BEFORE it, or something about the device itself, or the way I kept switching devices (and syncing) while I was reading that book, or the approaching end of 2011, or...

Have any of you had these kinds of experiences on the Kindle Touch?